Looking for a pickleball coach?
While the EPA will be offering coaching clinics throughout the year, you may also find it worthwhile to try private lessons.
What I like about private lessons – usually 4 players – is that you can focus more easily on drills and skills that you need to work on. In order to improve your ability to play pickleball, it is important to practice. The best players do a lot of drills – spending equal time on drilling vs playing games. It is the same as any sport – the more you practice – the better you get.
Choosing a Pickleball Coach:
It important to choose a coach that has a track record of playing at a high level and has experience in coaching and training. Here is a list of criteria that might help you to pick a coach:
1. At least 5+ years of experience playing the game
2. At least 5+ years of competing in pickleball tournaments
3. Proven record of success at the local, regional, provincial and national level
4. Certified qualifications can include: PCI, NCCP, PPR, IPTPA
5. Experience as a coach and trainer
6. Compatibility – you want someone that you can learn from – that recognizes what you need to work on and how you can be better at a particular skill
7. Strategy – understands gameplay strategy and how to execute the tactics to be successful
The right coach can set up drills and lessons for your specific needs to help you become a better player.
Let us know if you are looking for a coach or if you have any questions.
See you on the courts!